Canon - providing lenses for testing
Lens Reviews -
Canon EOS (APS-C)
Hallo unknown stranger!
As you may have noticed you can find numerous Lens Tests here in Photozone. These lenses
were usually not supplied by manufacturers but by readers like you from all over Europe !
So far more than 200 lenses were loaned and counting! Therefore the tested lenses are
neither hand-picked nor financed otherwise.
If you're living in AUSTRALIA or NEW ZEALAND (yes, I live in Sydney) and would like to help building up the Lens Test Report archive you may consider to loan one or more of your lenses for testing purposes. Naturally we would pay for all
your shipping expenses.
You would also be eligible for a small rental fee depending on the value of the target lens(es).
The standard procedure would be as follows:
- contact us to schedule a date and to clarify any questions you might have.
- send the INSURED package via airmail (preferably standard postal service).
- once I've received the package I will test the lens(es) during the following 2-3 days before ...
- ... returning the package to you again
The following lenses would have a top priority (please do NOT offer other lenses at this stage - the testing queue is pretty full at the moment):
- Sigma AF 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM [A]
- Sigma AF 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC HSM OS [C]
- Sigma AF 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM [A]
- Sigma AF 120-300mm f/2.8 DG HSM OS [S]
- Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 USM IS
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 STM IS
- Tamron AF 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
We're well aware that some would like to see reviews of legacy lenses but due to time constraints this is not possible at this stage.
So if you're owning one or more of these lenses and would like to support the idea just
drop me a line to my email address below.